Re: sbcl/glibc troubles

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: sbcl/glibc troubles
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 08:51:05 +0200

Sorry, I misread the error message.
Your error is unrelated I think, although you might need the aforementioned
trick later.

The problem is with libosicat.  How did you install it?
It seems to me that it came pre-compiled as a binary.
You can check this with

  ldd
/home/slade/.cache/common-lisp/sbcl-1.4.4-linux-x64/home/slade/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/osicat-20180228-git/posix/libosicat.so

(Find `ldd` in the gcc-toolchain package.)

If I'm right, you need to package libosicat for Guix first so that the linker
knows about the right Glibc, etc. which paths are different on Guix compared to
most traditional distributions.

Once you get libosicat compiled correctly (check the output of ldd to make sure
there is no missing library) it should work fine.  If not, try to customize
cffi:*foreign-library-directories*.

Let me know if you need help with osicat.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/