openvpn with networkmanager

From: Benjamin Slade
Subject: openvpn with networkmanager
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 10:53:02 -0600

I have the following definition in my config.scm, which I call in
defining the operating system:

````
(define %slade-desktop-services
  (modify-services %desktop-services
    (network-manager-service-type config =>
                                  (network-manager-configuration
                                   (inherit config)
                                   (vpn-plugins (list
network-manager-openvpn))))))
````

This does indeed enable the OpenVPN module of NetworkManager, but
NetworkManager doesn't automatically read in the *.opvn files in
/etc/openvpn (which is probably expected), but moreover as an ordinary
user I'm not allowed to create them. Is the best thing to login as root
and add these to NetworkManager?

--
Benjamin Slade - https://babbagefiles.xyz
  `(pgp_fp: ,(21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19))