Re: Guix and Emacs Integration for Polyglot Development

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guix and Emacs Integration for Polyglot Development
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 16:41:53 +0200

Hi!

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> skribis:

> I have an ugly hack to switch emacs to a profile or environment.  It
> parses the <profile>/etc/profile script...using MANIFEST or
> `--search-paths' would be much nicer...
>
> Anyway, I'm using some named profiles, eg
>
>     ~/.config/guix/mes
>
> and when starting work on mes i do
>
>     M-x guix-switch-profile RET ~/.config/guix/mes RET
>
> similar for other projects I work on.

Very nice!  To make the code nicer, I suppose we could simply change it
to use the Geiser integration in emacs-guix.  We could call out to (guix
profiles) and (guix search-paths) and ‘setenv’ what it returns.

It might turn out to be more code that what you posted though, so your
solution is not that bad after all!

Ludo’.