Re: Guix on aarch64

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Re: Guix on aarch64
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 18:50:34 +0200

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Slade <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to install the Guix (standalone) package manager on top of
> Void Linux (musl libc) on a raspberrypi3 using the aarch64 architecture,
> but when (from the processed described here:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/guix.html#Installation ), I
> get to the bit:
>
> `# ~root/.guix-profile/bin/guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild`
>
> It just seems to hang. When I look at the process, it doesn't seem to be
> using cpu resources anything. I tried leaving it for a couple of hours,
> but it never seems to do anything.

It is its normal behaviour, because it's a long-running process; it
should be always running and the Guix command talks to it.  People
usually use an init manager to start it automatically (systemd, the
Shepherd...).  You can also add '&' at the end of the command so that it
goes in the background.

Clément