Re: racket patch not found

From: Marco van Hulten
Subject: Re: racket patch not found
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 12:39:37 +0200

Hi Mark, others—

Je 14 jul 16:38 skribis Mark:
> Marco van Hulten <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > When I install the package `racket' through
> >
> >     guix pull &&\
> >     guix package -i racket
> >
> > I get this error:
> >
> >     guix package: error: racket-fix-xform-issue.patch: patch not found
>
> This was fixed in commit 57ac5261fec345b16cf80f87aa03212abc2c5a11,
> pushed a few days ago.
>

> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=57ac5261fec345b16cf80f87aa03212abc2c5a11
>
> If you "guix pull" and try again, hopefully it will work now.

Yes, it does!

It did warn me about no readline support:

    $ racket
    Welcome to Racket v6.12.
    ; Warning: no readline support (ffi-lib: couldn't open "libedit.so.3"
(libedit.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory))

So I installed libedit, but the warning stays and I have still no
readline support.

Maybe I have to do add it to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something.  Instead,
I went looking for libedit.so.3, but it wasn't in ~/.guix-profile/lib/.
When I started racket from that working directory, the warning wasn't
given and I had readline support.  According to my experience binaries
indeed look in the working directory for libraries.  Apparently racket
finds the useful library in ~/.guix-profile/lib/.  But what file is it,
and why does it not need to be "libedit.so.3"?

—Marco