Re: French info pages?

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: French info pages?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 18:05:37 +0200

Hmm... Locales are defined at the system level.
I don't know if traditional unices can define locale for individual user
profiles.
I think desktop environments handle that themselves.
Maybe Guix could introduce an environment variable, e.g. GUIX_USER_LOCALE.
Guix can then inspect the content of this variable when installing info pages
and link appropriately.

What do you think?

--
Pierre Neidhardt

"If you want to know what happens to you when you die, go look at some dead
stuff."
-- Dave Enyeart