Re: Multiple pulseaudio process after re-loging

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Re: Multiple pulseaudio process after re-loging
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 12:33:54 +0300

Hello Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

[…]

> I'd put the blame on conky / Pulseaudio for now :)

I have a different Pulseaudio behavior.  Sometimes I use a program which
does not use Pulseaudio but Alsa, then I need to start Pulseaudio
manually if there is no program which produces a sound, e.g. with
‘pulsemixer’.  In ‘pulsemixer’ I'll have ‘PROGRAM_NAME: AudioStream’
string after launching Alsa only program, which means I can contol Alsa
only program with Pulseaudio.  If I don't run Pulseaudio manually, then
Alsa only program will still a device until the program will be killed.
I don't use any desktop environment, which usually run Pulseaudio
automatically as I know.

Does Conky show you a Pulseaudio current volume?  Conky probably runs
Pulseaudio to do it.  Also, it will be better to test a Pulseaudio
behavior in a clean environment, e.g. by using a window manager like
Ratpoison.

Oleg.