Re: Udisks uses ntfs instead of ntfs-3g

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Udisks uses ntfs instead of ntfs-3g
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 22:29:37 -0700

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> I've patched ntfs-3g to symlink mount.ntfs to mount.ntfs-3g and it works
> as expected.  If the new ntfs-3g is installed as a system package, that
> is to say.

Nice!

> Indeed, libmount seems to only look in
>
>       /run/current-system/profile/sbin/mount.*
>
> and not in
>
>       ~/.guix-profile/sbin/mount.*.
>
> Is this the behaviour we really want?  Maybe, considering libmount is fairly
> low level.  Any insights?

Does libmount provide any run-time control over how it finds these
things?  For example, is there an environment variable or a
configuration file that controls where it looks?  If so, we might be
able to customize it, or at least a user might be able to use it to tell
libmount where to look.  I don't know much about libmount currently,
which is why I'm asking.

--
Chris