Re: Simple configure-make-make_install with Guix

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Simple configure-make-make_install with Guix
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 21:53:36 +0200

Le Thu, 24 May 2018 22:48:48 +0000,
Jone <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hello! I'm wondering, how could I operate with unpacked sources?
> So far I see only this:
>
>   guix build -f /home/jone/Desktop/template.scm
> guix build: error: #<unspecified>: not something we can build

Hi Jone,

your file should evaluate to a package, not simply define it.
http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Additional-Build-Options.html#Additional-Build-Options
has an example for how to use -f. In your case, adding gvolwheel at the
end of the file should work too. Also, you don't need guix' sources for
that.