Re: Controling requirements when packaging haskell modules

From: Tonton
Subject: Re: Controling requirements when packaging haskell modules
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 14:11:57 +0200

On Mon, 14 May 2018 13:20:48 +0200
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> You should not package ghc-array, ghc-containers, or ghc-binary — these
> >> are all provided by GHC itself.  It is possible that there are some more
> >> packages for which this applies (possibly including semigroupoids).
> >
> > Oops, I pushed ghc-array and ghc-containers just yesterday.  Should I
> > revert?
>
> Yes, these packages better should not exist.  You can revert the commits
> adding them and modify the package definitions of whatever new packages
> refer to them.
>
> We removed them some time ago when we cleaned up and updated most of the
> Haskell packages.
>
> --
> Ricardo

Hi, I saw this message yesterday and thought I'd change and fix my patches,
but had other things at that time. I should have sent a short message to the
bug containing the patches.

I'm going to clean up and send new patches without the ghc-array and so on.
(I tested several of the requirements/dependencies and I think I isolated
what needs to be declared).