Re: On network management and documenting nmcli

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: On network management and documenting nmcli
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 12:33:32 +0000

Nils Gillmann transcribed 603 bytes:
> swedebugia transcribed 391 bytes:
> >

> > On May 13, 2018 9:26:14 AM GMT+02:00, Nils Gillmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > >Gentoo has a neat little tool in their install image.
> > >net-setup detects cards and prompts you for passwords etc.
> > >https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/livecd-tools.git/tree/net-setup
> >
> > I saw no license declarations in those files or in the repo.
> > Are they free software?
>
> They are meant to be included in the base of the installer image of Gentoo.
> Gentoo's default license is GPL2, so I assume they will be licensed in
> the context of the image's license.

For reference: https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-misc/livecd-tools
where they use the default Gentoo license (GPL2). You interact with this
usually with portage, so you will see the license statement then.
iirc the license file is then included on the system which builds the
ebuild through the definition of the license in the package definition.