Re: Upgrade errors

From: sidhu1f
Subject: Re: Upgrade errors
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 23:38:07 +0530

Hi Rekado

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I did discover something curious: my guix version seems unchanged
> > even after multiple 'guix system reconfigure' invocations. I do
> > believe I heeded the documentation to do a 'guix pull' before the
> > first reconfigure. Still, invocations of 'guix',
> > '/var/guix/profiles/system-1-link/profile/bin/guix --version' and
> > '/var/guix/profiles/system-11-link/profile/bin/guix --version'
> > all produce:
> >
> >   guix (GNU Guix) 12e352dbcfc07b870c812999ae81c16f0aa8dc2c
> >   Copyright...

> This is not as helpful as it may seem.  The “guix” executable first
> checks if ~/.config/guix/latest exists.  If it does it will load modules
> from there.  It seems that you’ve used different guix executables, but
> they would all load the same modules from ~/.config/guix/latest.

I understand and accept what you are saying but it is not clear what
it means in the current context. Do you mean that the guix version of
Guix SD v0.14.0 fresh install, and the guix version after recently
(couple of days back) doing a 'guix pull' and 'guix system
reconfigure' being the same is expected behavior? By "guix version"
above I mean the output displayed by 'guix --version'.

Regards
sidhu1f