Re: dvorak

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: dvorak
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 16:52:42 +0000

Mathieu Lirzin transcribed 526 bytes:
> Hello,
>
> Divan Santana <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > There's been several mails and configs I've seen for dvorak
> > configuration.
> >
> > Though, I can't seem to find any info or examples on how to configure
> > dvorak for grub. I have an encrypted boot and on boot up grub asks for
> > crypt passphrase as does the system on boot up.
>
> Same problem here but with an azerty layout.

As far as my experience with other Operating Systems goes:
we need to make the keyboard layout configurable in the initrd.
You can already achieve this with a custom initrd today, but
having a service would be more convenient.
For expected defaults we should make this hypothetical service
default to en-us.
I see two possible entry points to writing the service here:

1) extending the console-keymap-service
2) writing a new service that extends the initrd and reuses code from
   the previously mentioned service.

Logical mistake can happen, I've constructed this from memory.