Re: Right way: define, build and install

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Right way: define, build and install
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 17:24:53 +0200

Le 2018-05-02 19:34, Jone a écrit :
On Gentoo I actively used github: download, then local build and install
in ~/{bin,tools}. It was easy! I didn't even need ebuilds and did not
think as this works :-)

Now I need several applications which are absent and will not be in
official repositories of a distribution. For an example:
1. https://github.com/x2b/usbeject
2. xfce4-cpugraph-plugin

I tried to define this as "some-package.scm" and build, but the first
requires some magic with gexp, and for the second - it is unknown what
for "use-modules". Finally, in the manual is just one stupid example
"hello"!

Help!!

Hi Jone and welcome!

if you could share your attempts, it would help us understand what's
going on better. Then we can actually help you ;)

Julien