Re: Blog team

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Blog team
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 14:41:36 +0200

Hello!

I didn’t mention it but here are rough guidelines that I think we should
follow for blog posts:

  • It should indeed be about free software and not promote non-free
    software (it’s also a good idea to follow
    <https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html> IMO.)  So the
    topic of patching non-free binaries wouldn’t fit the bill, for
    instance.

  • It should be understandable by someone who’s not a die-hard Guix
    or Scheme hacker.  :-)  So it’s good to provide enough context,
    possibly with links to relevant parts of the manual, previous blog
    posts, etc.

  • It’s good to use appropriate Markdown markup (ah ha!), like
    backquotes for file names, command names, and so on, or “```scheme”
    to introduce Scheme snippets.  See <http://spec.commonmark.org/0.27/>.

Apart from that, anything that teaches people how to solve a problem or
that explains neat hacks in or with Guix(SD) is very welcome IMO!
Articles don’t have to be super long or take days to write; more
informal or short articles can be useful too.

Ludo’.