Trouble with adding a package

From: Nadezhda Voronova
Subject: Trouble with adding a package
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 20:49:28 +0300

Hi!

I'm trying to add one simple package.
I've already know that it installes by "guix package -f" so it seems like my package definition is ok. Or not? (definition for "guix package -f" https://paste.debian.net/1016791/ , definition https://paste.debian.net/1016770/)

I've got guix source code from repository, added my definition in "gnu/package" and run "guix environment guix", "./bootstrap", "./configure --localstatedir=/var" and "make" and then tried "./pre-inst-env guix build my-package". And it doesn't see my package. Also when i looked into Makefile i've seen a bunch of "gnu/packages/---.scm" and there was not "gnu/packages/my-package.scm" and it doesn't look right. Anyway, after that i tried to add my definition to some random existing definition with right dependencies (this idea sounds terribly wrong but i wanted to give it a shot) and repeated all starting from "./bootstrap" again. And it did not work.
Also i tried "./pre-inst-env guix build my-package --keep-failed". Still no effects, unknown package.

So right now i'm totally confused about what i'm doing wrong and don't even understand what's output may be relevant to problem and i'll be very glad for help.

Also i have this thing appear almost every time i use guix:
guile: warning: failed to install locale
warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument
Don't think that's relevant but it's a little bit annoying.

Thanks,
Nadya