Re: this conf doesnt work. Why ?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: this conf doesnt work. Why ?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 05:08:02 +0100

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

> (define %my-services
>   (modify-services
>    (cons* (gnome-desktop-service)
>       (cons*
>        (service agetty-service-type
>             (agetty-configuration (tty "ttyS0")))
>        %desktop-services))
>    (slim-service-type config =>
>               (slim-configuration
>                (inherit config)
>                (startx (xorg-start-command
>                 #:configuration-file
>                 (xorg-configuration-file
>                  ;; Setup X to use a swiss german keyboard layout.
>                  #:extra-config
>                  '("Section \"InputClass\"
>         Identifier \"keyboard-all\"
>         Option \"XkbLayout\" \"ch\" ; <~ replace \"ch\" with \"it\"
>         MatchIsKeyboard \"on\"
> EndSection"))))))))

This looks wrong to me.  If this works, I think it's only by accident.
Check out the docstring for modify-services in gnu/services.scm, which
says:

  Modify the services listed in SERVICES according to CLAUSES and return
  the resulting list of services.  Each clause must have the form:

    (TYPE VARIABLE => BODY)

So, every clause after modify-services needs to have that form.  This
may also be the reason why the length of your %my-services is the same
as %desktop-services.  I think maybe the gnome-desktop-service and the
agetty-service-type service you've created are just being ignored
somehow.

Does this make sense?

--
Chris