Building guix from source with --prefix=$HOME/.local --localstatedir=$HO

From: YOANN P
Subject: Building guix from source with --prefix=$HOME/.local --localstatedir=$HOME/.local/gnu
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:37:20 +0000

Hi guix,

I've tried many times to build guix from source to fully install it inside my ~/.local but without success and don't get why.

You could find my installation script partially based on Pjotrp recipes here and the full log here.

"make" seems ok

"make check" fail

"./pre-inst-env guix-daemon" fail with "guix-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Did i miss something ?

How to have guix fully installed inside ~/.local with a datastore inside ~/.local/gnu/store and not related to the guix installed on the system ?

Thanks,

Best regards,