Re: ssh-daemon service fails to auto start

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: ssh-daemon service fails to auto start
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 18:00:01 +0100

Hi Martin,

Martin Castillo <address@hidden> skribis:

> i have a problem with the ssh-service. I want it to autostart on system
> boot.
>
> my configuration is (similar to) desk,nossh.scm.

I tried this config in ‘guix system vm’ and sshd is automatically
started on boot, as can be seen with ‘herd status ssh-daemon’ etc.

Does this config work for you in ‘guix system vm’?

> Can someone with more insight tell me, why sshd won't autostart?
> shepherd tells me only 'ssh-daemon could not be started'. Thank you
> shepherd, very helpful!

:-)

Could you check /var/log/shepherd.log?  It will tell you which services,
besides sshd, failed to start.

‘ssh-daemon’ depends only on ‘syslogd’, so as long as ‘syslogd’ is
started, ‘ssh-daemon’ should start.

You can view the dependency graph of Shepherd services with:

  guix system shepherd-graph config.scm | dot -Tpdf > graph.pdf

HTH!

Ludo’.