Re: Kernel modules

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Kernel modules
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 15:43:48 +0100

Hello,

Chris Marusich <address@hidden> skribis:

> Johannes Laute <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> How would I go about adding kernel modules permanently to my GuixSD system?
>
> This is discussed in the following section of the manual:
>
>   (guix) Initial RAM Disk
>
> For example, you can specify extra kernel modules to load in the initrd
> via the #:extra-modules keyword argument to the 'base-initrd'
> procedure.

Note that this section of the manual is about loading modules from the
initrd.

My understanding is that Johannes would instead like to have out-of-tree
modules (modules not part of linux-libre) loadable once the system is
booted.  Is that correct?

In that case you’d need to arrange to have these modules in
$LINUX_MODULE_DIRECTORY.  There’s currently no easy way to do that, but
this could be added.

HTH!

Ludo’.