How to configure git to use a proxy inside the guix build container

From: jorge
Subject: How to configure git to use a proxy inside the guix build container
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 22:47:40 +0000

Hi. guix pull fails:
Updating from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
guix pull: error: Git error: failed to connect to git.savannah.gnu.org: Connection timed out

I suspect git inside the guix build container tries to connect directly
to the Internet instead of using the proxy. Outside guix I can
successfully run ~git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git~

So how do I configure a proxy for git inside guix?

Regards

PS: I am Brazilian. I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.