build failed: unexpected EOF reading a line

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: build failed: unexpected EOF reading a line
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 21:25:21 -0700

Hi all,

I'm having issues using guix build. I'm suspecting some misconfiguration on my end.

Since there are some stuff missing in guix that I use (i3blocks for example) I thought I could try and create package definitions from them. I haven't got my GuixSD working yet so I'm using guix running on Arch Linux.

I thought that it might be something wrong with my recipe I was writing. So I tested to build the GNU Hello package from the manual (Defining Packages). I copied it into a file called gnu/packages/hello.scm
After that I ran "guix build -L$(pwd) hello".
But I'm getting these errors:
guix: offload: command not found
Try `guix --help' for more information.
guix build: error: build failed: unexpected EOF reading a line

Not sure why it complains about missing offload command. I haven't setup it up but when running "guix offload test" it prints out:
guix offload: testing 0 build machines defined in '/etc/guix/machines.scm'...

But that's not what's blocking my, instead it's the EOF error.
My first thought was that I must have missed a newline after the (define-public hello ...). Turns out that wasn't the case. Any idea what I have missed? I'm still a complete noob when it comes to guile so I'm not sure how to debug/trace the error.

I've attached the hello.scm

Thanks.

--
s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g