Emacs font question

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Emacs font question
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 21:06:04 -0700

Hi Guix,

Working on setting up a dual boot with Guix+Arch Linux and GuixSD. Got it running in Arch but having some issues with fonts in emacs. In my org mode I have
set org-ellipsis to ⤵ (0x2935)

Opening up emacs installed with pacman it renders correctly and doing C-u C-x = over the character it tells me that it's using the font
display:
xft:-PfEd-DejaVu Serif-normal-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1 (#xBB6)

But opening up emacs installed with guix I just get a rectangle with the unicode in it instead of the arrow. Doing C-u C-x = on it shows:
display: no font available

I have font-dejavu, font-awesome, font-hack and font-gnu-freefont-ttf install in guix.
My emacs config file is here:
https://github.com/plattfot/dotemacs/blob/master/init.d/configuration.org

Using http://bluejamesbond.github.io/CharacterMap/
and browsing to .guix-profile/share/fonts/truetype/DejaVuSerif.ttf
I can see the character (index 2998, unicode 2935) so I'm not missing the font.

The weird part is that it's picking up Hack just fine. So I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks

--
s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g