Re: Pulling from guix git repo fails

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Pulling from guix git repo fails
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 13:45:16 -0400

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 10:35:19PM +0530, Arun Isaac wrote:

> I'm not able to pull from the guix repo. Has some URL changed? I have
> commit access.
>
> $ git pull
>
> ssh: connect to host git.sv.gnu.org port 22: Connection timed out
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>
> $ git remote -v
>
> origin        ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/guix.git (fetch)
> origin        ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/guix.git (push)

This doesn't answer your question directly, but I pull from the HTTPS
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/guix.git

I never tried pulling over SSH, although I believe Savannah intends to
support it. Before they served Git over HTTPS, pulling over SSH was the
recommended way to pull over an authenticated protocol.

You can set different URLs for push and pull with `git remote`.