Re: Enable modules in Linux configuration.

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Enable modules in Linux configuration.
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 09:33:56 +0000

Dmitry Nikolaev transcribed 2.4K bytes:
> Hi everybody.
>
> I'm trying to set up GuixSD on Reiser4 file system. I've succeeded with
> patching and compiling Linux with Reiser4 patch, but I've found that
> reiser4 module is disabled by default. Everything I did was pointless 8-]

…

I'm going to respond only to this part:

> will you add linux-libre-reiser4,
> libaal and reiser4progs packages to main package repository if I'll send
> you patches?

That depends mainly on the licenses, from my point of view.
I haven't looked into the sources, but from what other systems
provide:
 - libaal: GPL2
 - reiser4progs: GPL2
 and I think the reiser4 patches were GPL2 too?

The other question is, will someone maintain this linux-libre package
variation? Are there people who would update it? We don't assign people
to packages, but knowing that there is at least one person caring for
it would help.

--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588