Re: Grub installation failed during the GuixSD's installation

From: Iván Hernández Cazorla
Subject: Re: Grub installation failed during the GuixSD's installation
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 21:48:45 +0100

On 28/07/17 16:21, Oleg Pykhalov wrote:

Hello Iván,

Iván Hernández Cazorla <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

I init the process to install GuixSD, everything seems to be correct
during the process. But at the end it shows an error that says that
was impossible to install the grub. I understand that GuixSD was
installed correctly, but the grub not.

When I switch on the laptop I didn't see any grub to init GuixSD.

I don't remember the code nor the text of the error.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Iván
This is a good example how to setup GuixSD on UEFI system
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system/examples/lightweight-desktop.tmpl
Before I thanked to Ludovic for its answer, but when I am in the smartphone and I reply to a list, sometimes I reply to the user and not the list, silly mistakes hehe. What I replyed to Ludovic was:
Hi Ludovic!
Thank you for your answer. If am not wrong, yes, I installed in a UEFI machine. I use the configuration file copied as in the instructions of GuixSD said.

I have thought that the problem could be related with the partition for boot, maybe I did something wrong in that step.

Now I don't get any error, simply I can't access. Thia afternoon I am going to try again and if it happens again, I will write the error to share with you.

Regards, Iván

Hi Oleg, thank you for your answer. The configuration file that I use in the process of installation of GuixSD was the file desktop.scm in /etc/configuration. I copied that with (as here):
cp /etc/configuration/desktop.scm /mnt/etc/config.scm
I think that I made something wrong when I have to create the partition to the grub. As a note, it is my first time installing an operative system via terminal. I have been user of Ubuntu and now I am user of Debian, but I want to test GuixSD, I am thinking in a possible migration. Maybe the error was mine. Tonight I am going to try again the installation.

Thanks to both!

Regards, Iván
--
Iván Hernández Cazorla.
Estudiante del Grado de Historia en la Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.