Re: grub not properly installing in GuixSD

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: grub not properly installing in GuixSD
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 13:23:43 +0000

I’ve successfully installed guixSD!  Awesome!

Yeah, when I booted the usb stick, I DID see the guixSD grub menu.  I had been blindly pushing “c” for going to the command prompt, instead of pushing “e” to edit the boot command.  I pressed “e”  added “nomodeset” and boom.  I’m now properly booting guixSD and Arch Linux!

Thanks for all the help!

P.S.

I did add “nomodeset” to the linux kernel arguments in my config file.  I’ll try booting GuixSD w/o the “nomodeset” argument, and see if I can boot.   Because I’m not using mode setting right now, and my OS looks like something out of the 90s.  Something about the graphics just looks looks old.  It’s like the graphics is not clearly defined or something.  There may not be a free and good graphics driver for my radeon APU.  I’ll explore that in a few days.