Suspend of GuixSD system every ~30 seconds

From: Jelle Licht
Subject: Suspend of GuixSD system every ~30 seconds
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 01:41:45 +0200

Hello help-guix,

I recently acquired a Lenovo T400 laptop with libreboot installed from minifree.org.
Of course,  I wanted to get GuixSD on there as quickly as possible and got to work.

I am using GuixSD by installing with the --no-bootload flag, and copying the generated grub.cfg to /boot/grub/libreboot_grub.cfg (which allows the grub-in-libreboot to find my grub config and subsquently boot into GuixSD).

I started out with the bare-bones OS config, which worked perfectly.
Then I started playing around with a very straight-forward gnome config (see attached config.scm).

About every 30 seconds (could be 29~32), my laptop goes into suspend mode! This means that the screen turns black, the backlight is turned off and as far as I can tell, the fan is also not making any noise. I have to press the physical power button to get the system to do anything afterwards.
I am prepared to sacrifice some convenience for running only libre software, but this might be a bit much ;-).

Within one of these 30 second windows, I quickly issued a `sudo chmod 444 /sys/state/power', and this actually made the laptop slightly usable because it stopped suspending every 30 seconds.

Yet, anytime I use any <sudo ...> command, the screen shuts off for about 2 seconds.

Looking at tty1, for each of these <sudo ...> instances I can indeed see that *something* tried to write to /sys/state/power, but my earlier chmod prevented that from happening.

I am currently quite out of my depth, but my gut is telling me this has something to do with elogind. Because gut feelings are not worth much, I also attached a compressed copy of the output of the `dmesg' command.

I currently do not know how to solve this, but would love to run GuixSD on my minifree T400.

Thanks,
- Jelle

p.s. Apologies for the big attachments, I did not know of any other way of getting this information to the ML.