Re: Package Installation takes a very long time - normal?

From: Niall Dooley
Subject: Re: Package Installation takes a very long time - normal?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 20:28:15 +0100

Yes, of course. Plus at the end I meant it wouldn't be the first time in my
case of user error.

I'm running Guix 20170710.15 as I did a `guix pull' this afternoon so I
presume the most recent build. I'm currently trying to install several R
related packages (only just started after my first mail) so I'll report back
how long it takes. The command I've used is as follows:

guix package -i r-caret r-ggplot2 r-rpart r-e1071 r-randomforest r-rocr r-class

As I type my terminal window is churning away but occasionally it pauses
seemingly doing nothing and then it will again start churning posting the
various messages. It's certainly past the initial updating of the
substitutes and
downloading phase. If I had to guess based on the messages I can catch it is
currently installing various *source* packages.