Re: Guix installation - Cannot connect to wifi or Ethernet

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: Guix installation - Cannot connect to wifi or Ethernet
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2017 04:12:39 +0200

Muto <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to install Guix.
> "ifconfig" doesn't detect my wlp5s0 device.

Your wifi-card may need a proprietary driver which GuixSD doesn't
include (because Guix only has official packages for free/libre software
because Guix doesn't want to encourage you to use restrictive, perhaps
harmful, proprietary software). (That's why I personally use a
wifi-dongle based on the chipset AR9271 which can be used with the
free ath9k_htc driver.)

> I tried connecting to a modem via Ethernet, it detects the modem but I cannot
> connect to the internet:
> "2 DHCPOFFERS received. No working leases in persistent database - sleeping."

Which command leads to this error? Is it something like `dhclient -v
INTERFACE`? I never heard of this error before. I guess we need more
information to help you here. Maybe you could also tell us the details
of your ethernet controller?