Re: xscreensaver on GuixSD

From: Thomas Danckaert
Subject: Re: xscreensaver on GuixSD
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 10:39:02 +0200 (CEST)

From: address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:45:14 +0200

Thomas Danckaert <address@hidden> skribis:

I'd like the xscreensaver daemon to start automatically. Has anyone set this up on their system? Do I need to define a custom service for
this?  Suggestions welcome!

I would start it from ~/.xsession, but perhaps there are fancier ways to
do that.

Strangely, after creating a ~/.xsession file, I wasn't able to log in to my gnome session anymore (though I didn't investigate this further and just deleted ~/.xsession again). What did work was to create a .desktop file in ~/.config/autostart. I've attached it here for future reference ;-)

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Screensaver
Type=Application
Exec=xscreensaver -nosplash