Re: Kernel panic while building VM

From: Enrico Schwass
Subject: Re: Kernel panic while building VM
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 22:57:39 +0200

Hello

>>> Could you try again and report (1) what you did, (2) the
>>> you see and when you see them?

>>> Please stick to 0.13.0.  0.12.0 is relatively old, so you’ll find that
>>> many pre-built binaries are missing, not to mention many security fixes.
>>
>> I use the lightweight-desktop.scm just changed user name and partition
>> setup. Here are some screenshots
>
> It’s hard to tell much here.  Is this happening with 0.13.0?  One of the
> screenshots shows that Python was being built from source, which is
> suspicious.

I used the --fallback option due to network problems I had occasionally. I
suspect my internal ethernet controller making problems so for testing I used
an usb ethernet connector. For now everything is fine. This time installation
finished.

BTW: I was not aware that Guix reboot is a scheme command. I did Ctrl-Alt-Del
instead.
Booting with grub failed then ;)

Thank you for your help
Enno