Re: Installing on machine with only one USB port used WiFi

From: Quiliro
Subject: Re: Installing on machine with only one USB port used WiFi
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 10:38:36 -0500

El Mon, 5 Jun 2017 10:19:30 -0700
Drew C <address@hidden> escribió:

> On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Quiliro <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hello...I am in a dilema. I only have one USB port and I don't have an
> > onboard working libre WiFi. (I currently have Guix on top of Debian on the
> > machine.) How can I install GuixSD in this case?
> >

> Why not use a USB hub? They're available for under $10 CAD, and I can find
> one for $2 if needed. There are many uses for one beyond installing GuixSD,
> but this seems like a great first use.
>
> --drewc
>

> > I think it could be possible to create a USB with all necesary packages
> > already installed and make an installation with that which just copied the
> > filesystem. What do you think?

I have just found that a USB hub I had works perfectly. I will install with
that device. But I wonder what the solution would be in case it would be
offline. All necesary packages would be a handy solution.

--
Saluton,
Quiliro

Ekzemploj de la problemo de sur-respondigi:

R: Ĉar ĝi malutilas la ordon ke homoj legas la tekston normale.
> D: Kial estas sur-respondi tiel malbone?
>> R: Sur-respondi.
>>> D: Kio estas la pli ĝenanto en poŝto elektronika?

R: Ne.