Re: installing a mirror for offline installation

From: Quiliro
Subject: Re: installing a mirror for offline installation
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 14:41:00 -0500

El Fri, 26 May 2017 21:57:30 +0200
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> escribió:

> (+ help-guix)
>
> Quiliro <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Yes. I will want all packages. I will work with all packages for an
> > extended period. When I am desperate for an update, I would take the
> > _server_ for update.
>
> Okay.  Maybe it would be better then to set up an instance of cuirass on
> your portable server and specifically enable the use of substitutes.  It
> would build / download all packages according to its configuration.  You
> can limit the configuration such that it only provides binaries for your
> desired architecture.
>
> I must admit, though, that I’ve been trying to do something just like
> that, but I haven’t fully succeeded yet, because Cuirass doesn’t handle
> errors well.  But it wouldn’t hurt to have more users and contributors
> to Cuirass.

Is there a how to? I will be online in about 42 hours. I can bring my
"portable" desktop case which is going to be my server. I can stay for about 8
hours.

> >> I don’t think it’s a good idea to repeatedly build and
> >> copy store items over.
> >
> > It could be done every 2 months.
>
> If the machines are not connected to the internet this is okay.

Machines will not be connected to at all. They will connect only to the local
network. Only the "portable" server will be online every month or two.