Re: guix system reconfigure

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guix system reconfigure
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 01:24:16 +0200

Hi Oleg,

Oleg Pykhalov <address@hidden> skribis:

> But now I have fully functional guixsd system except two things:
>
> 1. Scanner.  I configured it with hplip in previous system.  But now I
> need to use sane as I understand.

Our ‘sane-backends’ package depends on ‘hplip’, so I would expect
packages such as ‘simple-scan’ to work correctly with those scanners.  I
haven’t tried it though, so I can’t really tell.

> 2. libvirtd.  There is a guix package, but there is no service for
> this.  I'm not sure how to use libvirt without service.  Will check it
> or use qemu directly.

Right, it’s currently missing.  Maybe you could follow
<https://gnu.org/s/guix/manual/html_node/Defining-Services.html> and
help write a service for it?  People on #guix and this list could
provide guidance.

Thanks,
Ludo’.