Re: Help neeeded to package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Help neeeded to package guile-wiredtiger and microkanren
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 09:21:35 -0400

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 10:34:48AM +0200, Amirouche wrote:
> guile-wiredtiger [1] is a binding of wiredtiger for guile using ffi.
> It doesn't have autotools, I'd rather keep it that way. The guix package
> must run the test suite as per guix standard. wiredtiger is already
> packaged.
>
> [1] https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/guile-wiredtiger
>
> microkanren is a micro version of minikanren. That is a single file project
> that should be straightforward to package. Same I'd rather not have to deal
> with autotools. microkanren doesn't have any dependency outside guile 2.2.
>
> [2] https://framagit.org/a-guile-mind/microkanren

I have a question about how the built packages should be laid out on disk.

Looking at existing Guile packages, I saw that some of them put everything under
'share/guile/site/2.{0,2}'. Others put the source files in that directory, while
putting the compiled .go objects in 'lib/guile/2.{0,2}/site-ccache.

Do you have a preference? It's not clear to me what the difference is in
practice.