Contributing to the manual

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Contributing to the manual
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 10:52:11 +0200

Hello!

Quiliro <address@hidden> skribis:

> El Sun, 21 May 2017 13:43:02 +0200
> Fox <address@hidden> escribió:
>
>> Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
>> >
>> > Whenever possible, plase avoid duplicating efforts.
>> >
>> > Happy hacking! :)
>>

>> yup, duplicated efforts are not cogent nor expedient. Everything of
>> importance ought to be part of the original GNUsite.
>
> How to contribute to the main site then?

The manual of Guix, a copy of which can be seen at
<https://gnu.org/s/guix/manual/html_node>, is maintained in Guix itself:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/doc/guix.texi#n264

It is written in Texinfo, which is a lightweight markup language.

We definitely welcome improvements to the manual!  Before adding
something to the manual, please make sure it’s not already there ;-),
and make sure that what you add is properly integrated and linked to the
rest of the manual.

Once you’re done, you can submit a patch in the usual way:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

Ludo’.