Help getting started with first contribution

From: André
Subject: Help getting started with first contribution
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 00:25:24 -0300

Hi there, fellow Geeks!

I've been using Guix and GuixSD recently and I'd like to contribute!

I do know both Common Lisp and Clojure, so using Guile shouldn't be a problem.

I'd like to start with small tasks, like adding a few simple packages, then
move to bigger packages, then write some services, and so on.

However, I'm not familiar  at all with mailing list workflows (this is the
first mailing list I actually subscribed to), so I may need some guidance with
that.

I thought about starting by creating a Guix package for git-remote-gcrypt
(https://spwhitton.name/tech/code/git-remote-gcrypt/). The package definition
should be fairly simple, since the main program is just a shell script with no
compilation dependencies.

I've read the section 8.5 "Submitting Patches" of the manual, so I think I'm
good to go.

Is there any specific example of a similar simple package that I should base
mine on? Is there anything else that I should be aware of?

I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

Thanks in advance,
André.