Re: is it me ?

From: myglc2
Subject: Re: is it me ?
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 14:58:43 -0400

On 05/02/2017 at 19:37 Catonano writes:

[...]
> I sincerely apologize for the fuss

No need to apologize.  Discussion like this is a great addition to the
list.

[...]
>  BTW there is a quicker way to move to a package definition from a "Guix
>  Packages" buffer – you can simply press "e" key there. Also you may use
>  "M-x guix-edit" command (press TAB there to complete a package name).
>
> Yes, I know "guix edit"
>
> I preferred the other way because I wanted to be sure a repl was available.
> I had also prepared to show off C-c C-a but it slipped out of my mind
> when recording

FWIW, with this in your emacs init file ...

;; run-geiser automatically
(setq geiser-mode-start-repl-p t)

... the REPL will start automatically after 'M-x guix-edit'

As it stands, your video is a great sanity check for someone wondering
if their emacs-guix environment is working properly. It is also a great
demonstration of how easy it is for a guix user to see and, with a git
checkout, modify a package. If you expanded it a bit to illustrate a few
more guix-edit/geiser features, it could be a great addition to the
guix-video-verse, and, IMO, a good thing to add to www.gnu.org