Re: is it me ?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: is it me ?
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 23:38:21 +0200

Hello!

Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:

> Recently I've been suggested to look at the definition o scmutils as a
> reference
>
> I made a really short screencast about how a a procedure in there is not
> browsable with geiser.
>
> It's here
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AgFaOPvGCI&feature=youtu.be

The ‘make-img’, ‘with-directory-excursion’, etc. bindings that you show
in the screencast are in “build-side code”.  IOW, what Geiser and Guile
see there is just data, akin to:

  '(hello there (make-img foo bar) (with-directory-excursion …))

>From Guile’s perspective, the thing above is just a list that contains
lists and symbols, nothing more.  That’s why Geiser doesn’t help here.

In an ideal world, we’d be using gexps here instead of sexps like this,
and we could somehow instruct Geiser how to look up bindings that are
inside a gexp.  This is left as an exercise to the reader, though.  :-)

Ludo’.