Re: installing GuixSD on a Macbook Air A1304

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: installing GuixSD on a Macbook Air A1304
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:52:54 +0000

If you don't want to wait, you might be able to install guixSD and not
use uefi.   I have a macbook 7,1 that supports UEFI.  I've never figured
out how to install Parabola on it using UEFI.  So instead I boot using
MBR Master Boot Record.

If you use fdisk to do your partitioning, I believe that you will ensure
that you boot via MBR.  You need to create a new partition table and
select "msdos".

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fdisk#fdisk