Re: Bad parameter to boot GuixSD in a VM

From: Miroslav Rovis
Subject: Re: Bad parameter to boot GuixSD in a VM
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 20:53:51 +0200

On 170412-11:26-0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 01:13:29PM +0200, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> > On 170411-21:00-0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> > > Hm, I'm not sure what's wrong. I assume that the TAP device is properly
> > > configured in your host system?
> > Yes it is. If it wasn't, how would I be able to connect to internet my
> > VMs running Devuan, Refracta, Tails, Gentoo, Heads (each in their time,
> > I run simple Qemu one at a time), if it wasn't...
>
> Okay, I'll try to find time today to try using a TAP device on my
> system to see if I can reproduce your issue.

Hasn't happened yet... I looked up another one or two times earlier, and
I checked right now:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Installing-GuixSD-in-a-VM.html#Installing-GuixSD-in-a-VM

It's still only slurp offered, I think...

But it's fine. FOSS holds no one under obligation. And I was just
wishful to see it done... Probably I have to be relinquishing immediate
hope about it now.

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia