Re: squee

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: squee
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 04:32:07 +0200

Chris,

thanks for your reply, usually Gmail makes messages aimed to me rather than to some mailing list more evident

It didn't, in this case, so I missed your reply for a few hours.

Gmail is supposed to use wisdom, in its choices :-/

Ah!  No worries about the noise.  I'm happy to see someone using squee.

It hasn't gotten much love in the last couple of years.  I intend to
return to using it in the not too distant future.  If you're interested
in working on improvements to it we should talk.

Ok. For now I'd like to use it to populate a database of mine.
Then, we'll see

In particular we need
help on code that converts between postgres types and guile native types
more, I think

Yes, I read your TODO.org file.
Admittedly I don't understand some of the suggestions you give in that file

Maybe because I didn't explore your code yet
Also I didn't skim through the C library you're using.
So I didn't see the Postgres types table that you mention

I just tested the connection and executed one query, to be sure that it was working correctly

So, let's do like this: I'll use  it a bit in the next few days, then I'll be able to be more accurate

Thanks !