Re: Tool to format/indent scheme code

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: Re: Tool to format/indent scheme code
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 15:18:12 +0100

Huang, Ying <address@hidden> writes:

> Sometimes, I want to check the contents of auto-generated scheme code in
> store.  But the readability is not very good.  So I want to use a code
> format/indent tool to help on this.  Do you know is there such tool in
> Guix?  If no, any tool not in Guix?  Thanks in advance!

In Guix' Git-repository, there is a file `etc/indent-code.el.in`. I
think, after running `./bootstrap`, it becomes `etc/indent-code.el` which
is then executable. I guess, it requires emacs being installed though.
You can then run `./etc/indent-code.el gnu/packages/foo.scm` or so.

I'm not sure if `indent-code.el` is only made for package definitions
(like gnu/packages/foo.scm) or if it also works for other Scheme code.

Maybe try it? Maybe somebody else knows? Maybe read the code?

I'm not sure if I was helpful.

--
mekeor ~ EDD3 DFFA 76F6 11C0 145F 9A99 AC85 BAD8 A2F8 C868