iwlwifi deblobbed

From: Olivier Farges
Subject: iwlwifi deblobbed
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:13:21 +0000

Hi,

I'm a newbie guixsd user and I feel pretty satisfied about it even if it took me 2 days before I could get an azerty layout with xorg...
My issue is with my wifi card (Intel 8260) which seems to me very common. I don't have any wireless interface since iwlwifi module can't be loaded. With dmesg I got :

iwlwifi Couldn't request the fw
iwlwifi Direct firmware load for /*(DEBLOBBED*/ failed with error -2
iwlwifi probe of 0000:02:00.0 failed with error -22

I read about DEBLOBBED in the archives but to be honest I haven't understand anything : if there is a solution I'm afraid I'm not enough competent to find it. Can anyone help me ?

Olivier Farges