Seeking advice: preparing releases on GuixSD.

From: ng0
Subject: Seeking advice: preparing releases on GuixSD.
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 13:35:04 +0000

Hi,

my previous releases of gnurl (https://gnunet.org/gnurl) have
been tested on Gentoo and GuixSD and prepared to release only on
Gentoo, copied back to GuixSD and finished up on that GuixSD
system.
With my switch to GuixSD (and leaving Gentoo) 2 or 3 versions ago
I have to advice people to run ./buildconf again (essentially:
run autotools again), because of artifacts in shebangs and paths
of generated files.

I see three solutions right now:

 1. Opt out of the ./buildconf part and make it a responsibility
    of users and distributions to run it.

 2. Patch (adjust) maketgz, make dist, or any similar hook/script
    to my needs on GuixSD.

 3. Simply remove all occurences of any /gnu/store/… (if it's
    that simple) which could also happen in (2).

I hope I'm not the only person using GuixSD for releasing
software. How do you all deal with these shebangs and paths?

Thanks!
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
PGP keys and more: https://n0is.noblogs.org/ http://ng0.chaosnet.org