Re: Network Manager Service

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Network Manager Service
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 09:44:57 +0100

Hi!

address@hidden skribis:

> I tested the 'network-manager-service' service on GNOME, and generated
> VM's with 'system vm-image'; and the test seems correct and
> functional.
>
> To replace 'wicd-service' with 'network-manager-service' I have seen
> the email:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2015-11/msg00717.html
>
> My question is, how can I export the 'wicd-service-type' service?

Turns out I inadvertently exported it in commit
ef63b00fa6365598e54b2fc8d2d70436a080aab9 yesterday.

> and
> should I add 'network-manager-service' to my config.scm file?

Yes: remove the Wicd service as shown in the message above, and add
‘network-manager-service’.

> If you add only 'network-manager-service' Guix says: "guix system:
> error: service' networking 'provided more than once", I think because
> 'wicd-service' is already defined.

Exactly.

ISTR NetworkManager didn’t quite work out of the box, so your feedback,
positive or negative, will be welcome!

Thanks,
Ludo’.