Re: GuixSD and TRAMP

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: GuixSD and TRAMP
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 09:51:43 -0500

myglc2 writes:

> In the interest of stating problems next to the fix, this fixes the
> error message ...
>
> "Couldn't find a proper `ls' command"
>
> ... when tramping _in_ to GuixSD from another GuixSD machine.
>
> Does it work when connecting from Guix on a Foreign distro?

I haven't tried but I doubt it... my understanding is the lisp code I
pasted only adds the paths you have locally to the paths it searches
remotely.  Unless you're searching similar profile paths remotely, it
might not find them.

I'm also not sure it will find the right paths if your username is
different on the remote host, and some of the binaries it's looking for
are in your user's profile there?