GuixSD and TRAMP

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: GuixSD and TRAMP
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:21:59 -0500

Hello!

I've been trying to access a remote GuixSD server I have running using
TRAMP in emacs.  I figured out that in order for path resolution to
work I had to install perl in my remote user's path somehow.  So, that's
done.

I can open up directories in dired, but when I try to open an individual
file, I get:

  Tramp: Inserting ‘/ssh:kari:/home/cwebber/.emacs’...failed
  Wrong method specification for ‘ssh’

I see I'm not the only one!  ecraven reports the same here:
  https://gnunet.org/bot/log/guix/2016-06-10#T1053360

Does anyone know how to resolve this?
Thanks!
 - Chris