Re: "--pure" won't work

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: "--pure" won't work
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 16:03:03 +0200

Catonano <address@hidden> skribis:

> guix environment --ad-hoc --pure guile-next

This command drops you in a shell where only Guile is in $PATH—no
Coreutils, sed, grep, etc.  Maybe this isn’t intended?

Ludo’.

Exactly, Ludo. No Coreutils, sed, grep, not even ls

I don't know wether this was intended or not. I was following the instructions

AND I had misunderstood the effect of "--pure" myself.

It's all right now. I understood better, Amirouche declared that he doesn't remember why he chose "--pure" and he didn't run into this because he uses zsh, not bash (so the ubuntu .bashrc didn't affect him)

Thank you very much for chiming in !